Our Organizational Norms
DC Action's organizational norms help guide our work and create an effective and thriving culture.
- We are motivated by organizational values, and the mission and vision of the organization, dedicated to making the world a better place.
- We address issues head on and in a respectful manner. We do so while assuming good intentions and practicing perspective taking.
- We are committed problem solvers. We call each other in and give and receive constructive feedback. When we err, we own our mistakes, seeking to learn from and repair them.
- We make ourselves approachable and accountable. We build trust and nurture healthy and inclusive spaces for all.
- We take time to get to know one another and our communities. We value our differences, and believe they make us stronger. We have each other’s backs.
- We support our staff, their development, growth, and autonomy.
- We appreciate different work and management styles, support different communication and information processing needs, and work together to set and realize our goals.
- We view our success as interdependent and deliver on our commitments. We are mindful of our capacity and communicate and give grace when circumstances change.
- We value and prioritize a healthy work-life balance.