Digital Communications Organizer
Full time, permanent
Hybrid, Dupont Circle, Washington, DC
ABOUT DC ACTION
At DC Action, we know the District’s young people can accomplish anything when they have a fair chance.
And we also know how much stands in their way -- particularly our young people most affected by poverty and racism. These are powerful injustices, and they must be met with an equally powerful response.
We’re uniting all those fighting on behalf of DC’s children and youth to pursue a single, shared vision for what it looks like to grow up in our city. Because, while childhood exists on a continuum from birth to adulthood, the systems, programs and organizations designed to support our children and youth are too often fragmented by age.
Together with our young people, parents and community partners, we’re advocating with one voice for public policies that support kids at every step from early childhood to early adulthood. We are stronger, louder and more effective together. And, whether we are focused on helping a toddler learn her letters or a young man pursue his professional passion, we share one goal: that all of DC’s children and youth grow up safe, resilient, powerful, and heard.
Please visit Our Policy Priorities to learn more about our work, values and impact.
DC Action is seeking a Digital Communications Organizer with a strong commitment to racial equity and improving outcomes for children and youth. The Digital Communications Organizer manages DC Action’s brand and campaigns online as well as helps to plan and execute opportunities to mobilize DC residents and policymakers to take action. The Digital Communications Organizer reports to the Director of Brand and Communications.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY ACTIVITIES…
- As an integral member of the communications team, help to amplify DC Action’s brand online and help shape narratives that drive change.
- Collaborate with DC Action’s campaigns and coalitions to establish clear and actionable goals and metrics, as well as target audiences to expand our impact.
- Manage DC Action’s website, social media, email and data platforms as well as follow trending topics and conversations in the digital world to identify potential organizing opportunities that will engage partners to take action
- Track and regularly report on analytics, such as page views, email open and click rates, follower and subscriber growth efforts, social media performance, and other metrics to inform campaigns and content development.
- Help to create original and compelling content, such as emails, petitions, video campaigns, campaign scripts, blogs, shareable graphics and social media tool kits
- Perform other duties as assigned and necessary
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS…
- Relevant digital campaign experience. At least two years of experience working in digital communities.
- Driven to get results. You are fast acting, seizing the moment and nimble and able to respond to quickly developing situations. You are a self-starter and problem solver.
- Excellent communicator. You know how to produce and write compelling content that easily and effectively communicates the complex and important issues we work on.
- Experience working with diverse coalitions of organizations to achieve a common goal. Demonstrated ability to manage an inclusive process to gather input, reconcile differing points of view and then make decisions.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion. You have a strong commitment to anti-racist principles and apply them to your daily work.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Able to initiate and build relationships with diverse stakeholders and maintain clear channels of communications.
- Great sense of humor. You appreciate rigor and high standards with an ability to encourage fun and laughter in a team environment.
- Flexibility. Ability to pivot and re-prioritize as campaign goals and strategies shift or evolve.
- In it for the long haul. You are not just looking for a one year engagement, but have a long-term vision for the organization and are looking to stay for a few years to see the fruits of your labor.
The starting salary range for this position is $60,000-$70,000, commensurate with qualifications and experience. DC Action offers a generous benefit package, a great team, and a working environment committed to fostering staff growth and leadership. We are able to offer our employees 100% employer-sponsored medical, dental, vision insurance, student loan assistance, 401K retirement plan with employer match, generous vacation, personal and sick time, family and medical leave, days off to vote and volunteer, along with an employee assistance program offering counseling, mental health and financial support.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, please complete the Digital Communications Organizer Job Application and upload your resume along with two professional writing samples.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
DC Action recognizes and honors diversity in race, ethnicity, culture, age, abilities, gender, sexual orientation, and places where people live. We seek to reflect this diversity in all aspects of our work, including the composition of our board, staff, and volunteers. Further, DC Action seeks to be a multicultural and culturally competent organization that works for equity among all people. We strongly encourage applications from people of color, immigrants, refugees, women, people with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and other underrepresented and historically marginalized groups.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from DC Action.